Calling All Media Innovators
Based in San Diego, with operations in Asia, we are a thriving, creative team with a strong sense of urgency and a can-do attitude for progressive development and customer service. We believe we have just scratched the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people to fulfil our vision and bring incomparable value to our current and future television and media customers. Work hard, nerd hard is not just a core value. We live it!
Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Test and Quality Assurance Engineer
Department: Operations Support Center
Reports to: Head of Client Services
Employment Status: Full time – Exempt
Vigor is actively seeking a Test and Quality Assurance Engineer to be a member of our Operations Support Center team and work with our customers in the TV broadcast and cable industry. This position will be responsible for product, system, functional and regression testing of all Vigor software releases and hardware products. You will be responsible for developing automated quality assurance (QA) testing programs as well as creating, executing and documenting manual test cases intended to validate the operation of all Vigor products and releases. You will be an actor and advocate for continuous quality improvement practices to ensure the delivery of well-tested, high-quality products.
- Actively identify functional problems during the testing/QA process and suggest innovative solutions
- Uphold quality control standards related to both functionality and user experience
- Document and analyze test cases
- Strategize, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities including providing timeline and labor estimates for test cycles
- Identify and thoroughly document software defects by creating issues/stories with strong acceptance criteria
- Work closely with development teams to perform root cause analysis of issues
- Create strong user stories from a user point of view that includes acceptance criteria
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the company products and services
- Utilize independent judgment and demonstrate an ability to be self-reliant
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in an Agile Software Development environment
- An understanding of IP networking fundamentals
- Background in Rest API testing
- Experience in UI and front-end product testing
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and flexible
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 2+ years’ familiarity with Linux environments and tools
- 2+ years of technical software testing/Quality Assurance experience along multiple product lines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with scrum management
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed cloud architecture (S3 in particular)
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledgeable in ISO 27001 requirements
- 2+ years of experience working with Media Management systems
- 2+ years of API testing
About Our Company
Ever since Vigor’s beginnings in the CEO’s garage, we have strived to offer the best ad insertion and content distribution technology in the TV Broadcasting and Cable industry. Vigor is the proud creator of PitchBlue®, its flagship platform designed in collaboration with CBS and Warner Bros, responsible for delivering 800,000 syndicated TV shows and 4.5 million advertising spots every month.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assignment to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Interested in this position with OneVigor? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Respond with the subject line: “I want to work for you as a (include job title).”
2. Include a resume.
3. Write a single paragraph about why you want to work for us and why you think you’d be good at it.
4. Write another paragraph telling us something interesting about yourself.