Calling All Media Innovators
Based in San Diego, with operations in Asia, we are a thriving, creative team with a strong sense of urgency and a can-do attitude for progressive development and customer service. We believe we have just scratched the surface of our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people to fulfil our vision and bring incomparable value to our current and future television and media customers. Work hard, nerd hard is not just a core value. We live it!
Current Job Openings:
Salary Range – $100,000k to $110,000k
Benefits include 4 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick
At Vigor, our core area of expertise is building highly scalable software solutions that work in conjunction with purpose-built multimedia hardware. As a part of our team, you will work on complex client-server applications featuring advanced interactive components and rich web services.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established team in San Diego that delivers mission critical technology solutions to world class media industry customers. We foster a fun, start-up atmosphere where you can take on new challenges every day.
By joining us, you will:
- Work with teammates to troubleshoot problems, identify resolutions, and assess situations in real time
- Work closely with product teams to develop responsive web aplications and highly scalable microservices
- Implement high quality algorithms, applications, extensions, and interface components, as needed from design prototypes and specification documents.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in a team environment; a variety of programming languages writing production quality, professional code
- 3+ years’ experience with modern client and server frameworks developing responsive web applications with state management (React and Node.js are highly preferred)
- Highly skilled in CSS/SCSS
- Solid knowledge and hands on experience with a variety of Amazon Web Services product offerings (EC2, S3, Load Balancing, CloudSearch, ElastiCache)
- Experience with distributed version control systems
- Effective, well developed communication skills
- Adaptability; Critical thinking; Time management
- Local or ‘willing to relocate’ candidates only
Additional Skills to be Successful:
- Knowledge in end-to-end software development lifecycle with sound understanding of Agile methodologies
- Passion for developing clean and functional user interfaces
- Experience working with Docker or similar container technologies
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing and test-driven development
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
At a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- Sitting for extended periods of time; Standing, Reaching
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assignment to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
TO APPLY, SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com
with all of the following:
- Respond with the subject line: “I want to work for you as a Software Developer” and note where you saw our ad.
- Include a resume
- In your email, please include the usual ‘cover letter’ items and the following:
- A brief description of a web application you helped to develop, and what feature of that application you are most proud of.
- Something interesting about yourself.
Interested working at OneVigor? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Respond with the subject line: “I want to work for you as a (include job title).”
2. Include a resume.
3. Write a single paragraph about why you want to work for us and why you think you’d be good at it.
4. Write another paragraph telling us something interesting about yourself.